6 Essential Questions You Should Know Before STD Check
Most of the people assume that sexually transmitted diseases are unusual phenomena. However, according to the latest statistics almost 50 million people across the world are infected with STDs in a year. This shocking fact makes it all the more necessary for sexually active people to go for STD Check at the earliest. However, before opting for the check, you need to pay attention 6 important queries related to it. These include
- How many kinds of STDs are there? There are over 25 different kinds of STDs and each of the diseases has distinct symptoms as well as treatment. There are a few diseases that indicate no signs at all. Some of the common STD’s that exists are Hepatitis B, Human Papillomavirus, Chlamydia, Bacterial Vaginosis, Syphilis, Genital Herpes and Gonorrhea.
- What are the signs of an STD? When it comes to the symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases, the signs vary from person to person. The most common symptoms are itchiness, sores, redness around the genital areas, stinging sensation and/or even pain while urinating, frequent discharge from the private parts, strong and persistent coming from the private areas even after washing the area with hygiene products, blisters around the mouth, fever especially during the night, sore throats, headaches at a frequent basis, swelling of the mouth, lips or the face as whole and so on.
- What is to be done if you have signs of an STD? If you are experiencing any kind of symptoms as mentioned above, you need to make a list of all your current sex partners. Let them know the matter and after discussion, you should visit an apt STD Check clinic where all your doubts will be cleared.
- Is STD transferable from partners of the same sex? Heterosexuality or homosexuality doesn’t matter at all. Whether you have sex with someone of the same gender or opposite, the body fluids between two bodies does get exchanged. For instance, when you receive or give anal or oral sex to man or woman and when you have vaginal sex with a woman, there is continuous flow of fluids that gets exchanged from one body to the other.
- What are the precautions to be taken to avoid STD? Firstly, always use condoms during sex. Do make sure to use good quality condoms because cheap ones might just burst or break. Secondly, avoid one night stands and don’t have sex with people who are at high risk such as prostitutes. Thirdly, it is advisable not to inject drugs with shared syringes or needles. Fourthly, try to stay away from drugs and alcohol because drunken people tend to take more chances with sexual activities.
- What are the possible dangers if you acquire STD? Acquiring STD results in both short-term as well as long-term health issues for males and females. If such diseases are left untreated, a lot of complications are likely to occur especially during childbirth.
Before you take the STD Check, do go through these 6 significant questions related to STD.