With the advent of the medical technology and its climbing the ladder each day, the dental industry has gained immense popularity because of the dental implants it undergoes. There are many new surgeries which have revolutionized the dental profession and it also imparts people with a new confidence and appearance to face the world. One such method is dental implants which are nothing but an artificial tooth that is placed in the jaw as a replacement for the old one. This implant is a solution for the those who have no teeth and have lost them because of a medical condition or an accident or an injury. You could get all the required information online at dentalartimplantclinic.co.uk and plan which one you should get done accordingly.
Categories of Dental Implants
At dentalartimplantclinic.co.uk, there are two kinds of implants that are usually recommended to the clients. These procedures are performed religiously for many patients here. They are as follows:
Endosteal Implant –This is very common dental implant that is performed in the done. These kind of implants consists of blades, screws and cylinders. These are fixed into the jawbone during a surgery. Each implant can hold one or more than one prosthetic teeth. This kind of implants is usually preferred for patients who have bridges or removable dentures.
- Subperiosteal Implant – This implant is done on the bone and not in the bone. They are placed on top of the jaw with the metal frameworks through the gum and then it holds the prosthesis. These type of implants are used for patients who are not able to wear dentures.
Procedure of Dental Implant
This procedure is not done by an individual dentist but it is a team effort between the dentists and the periodontist. They will consult with the patient and determine how the implant should be done. There are other specific conditions and the types of implants which are selected and the treatment will be planned according to the needs of the patient.
- Single tooth replaced – This implant is done for a single tooth and a crown can replace it.
- Multiple teeth replaced – This implant replaces several teeth and is replaced by implant-supported bridges.
- All teeth replaced – This implant replaces all the missing teeth which are supported by full bridge or a full denture which can be placed across the jaw line and will help people get rid of the embarrassment which is caused by the lack of teeth.
- Ridge is modified – There are sometimes deformities which are present in the upper and the lower jaw which will give your teeth an inadequate structure to your face. To solve this problem, dental implants are applied due to lack of bone and here the gum is lifted from the ridge to expose the bone problem. This will be filled by the substitute of the implant and this modification will greatly improve the appearance and implant will last for a lifetime.
- Sinus is augmented – Here the quality of the bone is not good and the closeness to the sinus gives it a very bad appearance. The upper is removed and dental implants are applied to the area where there is lack of bone. This problem is resolved by uplifting the sinus base and developing bone for the dental implants.
What procedure to follow after implant?
A patient needs to maintain a proper oral care and visit the dentist regularly in order to keep them healthy. The dentists clean the implant from time to time in order to keep them plaque-free. Proper brushing and flossing is recommended by the dentist to the patient. We at dentalartimplantclinic.co.uk devise a best dental care plan which is followed by regular visits and monitoring to keep the implant and the gums healthy and strong.