Have you recently moved to a new city and are looking to find a new hair stylist? It can be challenging trying to find a new hairdresser, especially if you are not familiar with your surroundings and you do not have many friends or family around to help you. Here are a few tips to assist you in finding the perfect salon and hair stylist in your new town.
- If you recently settled in a new city you might not have that many acquaintances to call on for help in finding a new hair stylist, one of the easiest ways to start your search is online, you can search through local forums to find information on professional hair salons in your area. There is a good chance you will come across a forum topic which answers a lot of your questions, and makes it very easy to take note of some local stylists and hairdressers.
- You may be lucky and find a forum which contains posts from people who have recently moved and are in the same position as you, it is a great way to find valuable information and communicate with other like-minded individuals.
- Once you have settled in and have begun working, shopping, and socialising in your new city, you will find it a lot easier to engage with other people. If you meet someone with a similar hairstyle or one which catches your interest, all you have got to do is ask them who their stylist is, everyone likes to be complimented on their hair, and are more than willing to point you in the right direction. If a client is happy with their style, they will have no issues talking about the hair stylist and handing you a contact number for the salon.
Sister Salon / Network Salon
- These are both two fairly similar meanings, each denote connected salons who work under a specific brand, using the same philosophy concerning cuts, colouring, styles, and types of products their company chooses to stock. For example, if your previous stylist worked for a company in Sydney, and you are searching for Perth hairdressers, check to see whether they have a sister salon in the area. This allows you to sample a hairdresser with the same philosophy as your previous salon.
Visit Local Businesses
- If you are permanently settled in a place or are moving for a long period of time it would be advantageous to visit some potential hair salons. Drop in, sit down, and allow yourself to get a feel for the place, see what type of environment the salon operates under. A quick visit enables to you have a look at the salon’s employees at work and see what kind of styles they are creating.
Finding a new stylist can be a difficult task, especially when it is amongst unfamiliar surroundings, but being persistent and determined will pay dividends, it takes time to find the right stylist and not everyone just walks into the first salon they see and comes out completely satisfied.