This write-up is a must-read piece for every individual who wants to lead a physically active life. However, the points discussed here will be particularly beneficial for people who are suffering from joint pain and back aches. One of the main reasons of aches and pains of these kinds is bad posture. You can buy riser recliner chairs in the UK for improving your sitting posture, use adjustable beds for improving your sleeping or lying posture and follow the guidelines provided here to have an overall good posture.
- You should first locate the areas in which you require improvement. Find out what’s lacking in you. Do you have hunched shoulders? Do you have a swayed back? Ask yourself similar questions to locate the exact problem in your posture.
- If you need to spend a lot of time in a sitting position, make sure you sit in a chair that has been designed ergonomically for supporting your back; the chair should provide right kind of support to your spine’s natural curves.
- You should always sit in a way (on the chair) so that your elbows form a 90° angle. If required, adjust the height of the chair to make sitting more comfortable and healthy.
- When you are in a sitting position, your feet must be placed flat on the floor. Following this guideline becomes even more important if you need to sit for several hours in a particular chair. You can also place a stool under your feet if that seems more comfortable to you; this guideline will be particularly beneficial for individual with lower back problems.
- When walking, make sure your shoulders are leaning backwards and your head is straight. If you have a bad posture, you may need some time to achieve perfection in this walking posture; however, if you practice hard, within a few months your walking posture will become perfect.
- If you drive your car all by yourself, make sure that the seat’s headrest is supporting the centre of your head when you are driving a vehicle. The remaining part of the seat, on the other hand, should provide proper support to your back.